Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The best teacher is always the student

Still decided to go take a short field trip with Nikon.

These are all from Waikiki this afternoon.





When I left my apartment I decided to get some Earl Grey tea from Starbucks. I'm burnt today and really red in the face from suntanning, so when I ordered my tea, the barista said : " A little too much sun, huh?" I felt really embarrassed so I just smiled. And then he noticed my camera and asked if I'm a photographer. I didn't know what to answer.

So many people asked me if I'm a photographer today because the Nikon looked so huge on the side of my hip. I didn't know what to say... I felt a bit embarassed, because I thought they might think I'm just showing off.

From now on I'll just say that I'm studying photography and that it's just a hobby. Once I learn more about taking pictures I'll become more confident to talk about what I'm actually trying to do.











I will learn everything I can about my Nikon and how to take the best pictures. I want to be really good! I feel so good when I take pictures. It makes me feel I have control over time, the smallest snippets of time. I frame moments, play with colors and lighting... I love it.





I wish I could let go more. Write about things I really think about, but I'm scared.

Maybe I will soon...

Here I am in Macy's, looking at Free People Clothing...



Made a tomato avocado salad when I got home, with lemon juice and sea salt.



I'll go relax and read now. So much to learn...

No comments: